I’ve been using essential oils for the last 25 years but I had no idea just how powerful and healing they could be until I started using therapeutic grade essential oils.
Essential oils have since found their way into every area of my everyday life. I diffuse oils to help energise me in the morning, keep me focused when studying or to help my whole family wind down at the end of a busy day. Essential oils support nearly every system in my body and I use them to replace my expensive skin care products and household cleaning products, saving me loads of money.
Some people say that essential oils can make them sick or they have had allergic reactions to some. That’s because almost all the oils out there have been adulterated. Oil companies are allowed to call their products ‘essential oils’ if they contain only 5% essential oil. The other 95% of that product could be something else…I dread to think what! Some oils say things like ‘do not ingest’, or ‘for external use only’ or it may have an expiration date on it. These are not true essential oils. These are things that can potentially make us sick.
Other people say that they are allergic to ‘fragrances’ and ‘perfumes’ so they can’t have essential oils. Well, the best way of explaining it is if you’re not allergic to the smell of a bowl of fresh Sicilian lemons, you won’t be allergic to the smell of lemon essential oil.
There are a few suppliers of therapeutic grade essential oils, but as with most things in life, there is The Good, The Better and The Best. I believe, after trying them all, that Young Living is The Best.
Here are the reasons I chose to use Young Living essential oils:
1. Their Seed to Seal Promise
When it comes to essential oils, Young Living sets the standard for purity and authenticity. For over 20 years they’ve carefully monitored the production of their oils from beginning to end through their unique Seed to Seal® process, ensuring the purity of each essential oil. This means that I can be confident that the Young Living essential oils and oil-infused products I use in my home around my family are safe and effective. And believe me, I have a baby so I take this seriously.
Young Living partners with university experts to verify the plants and seeds they use for their essential oil potential. The oils are then tested in Young Living’s own labs as well as in third party facilities to ensure that they meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards and contain the optimal levels of natural bioactive compounds. This makes the oils they produce both powerful and effective.
3. Clean Living
I use essential oils to keep our health and beauty and home cleaning regimens both clean and free of nasty toxins. Too often the natural, environmentally friendly cleaning products I was buying in the supermarket and health food stores…well, they just didn’t work. But the therapeutic grade, food grade essential oils and essential oil based products from Young Living keep my whole family (including the dog!) and our whole house effectively clean without making us sick, all the while supporting our emotional and physical wellbeing! And they smell just amazing!
4. Safe for Children
One thing I love about Young Living oils is that they have created a range of child safe blends which can be used directly on children. If my daughter has a tummy ache, well, a drop of Tummygize rubbed in nips that right in the bud. And my absolute favourite is Owie, which is an essential with all the bumps and falls a toddler endures on a regular basis. Not only are they safe, but they work!
Okay, So How Do I Get Started?
I recommend signing up for a wholesale account, even if you’re just a beginner. You get 24% discount off all the Young Living products and you don’t need to “sell oils to your friends” or commit to buying a certain amount of oils throughout the year. You do have the option of referring your friends and family and if one of them wishes to introduce essential oils to their own home, then you get a commission from Young Living as a thank you. It can make a wonderful home business.
My mission is to share my story of how these oils helped my health and changed the way our whole family prevents illness, looks after our emotional wellbeing and how we run our clean, beautiful smelling home. Essential oils aren’t just for ‘natural mamas’ like me and they’re not just for people wanting to start a business. Young Living essential oils are for everyone and every home. Let me know what questions you have and I’ll happily connect with you via email or Skype, without any high pressure sales tactics or irritating follow up emails. Share your story and connect with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d love to hear from you.
Love Kelly x